In the spirit of this morning’s This American Life, some things that are delightful:
- Apparently, big cats are fans of perfume, and Calvin Klein’s Obsession is particularly popular.
- Oven spring, the magical phenomenon whereby a ball of flour and salt and water and yeast begins to resemble bread. I do not think I will ever pull a loaf of bread out of the oven without feeling vaguely like an alchemist.
- The tactile sensation of folding laundry while it is still warm.
- Watching snow fall when one does not have to go out into it.
- The teeny-tiny meow of small kittens.